GNSS Centre of Excellence was officially founded in November 2012. The birth of the centre involved three entities - Czech Railway, Air Navigation Services and Vaclav Havel Airport, Prague. The last referred organization is currently associated member of the GCE. In January 2013 joining talks of The Road and Motorway Directorate (RMD) were initiated. The formal process was completed on 25 June 2013 and RMD has become the third full member. The Railway Infrastructure Administration started joining negotiations at the end of 2013 and successfully finished the formal process on the 20 January 2014.
Members of the Professional Association of GNSS centre of excellence:
- Czech Railways
- Air Navigation Services
- The Road and Motorway Directorate
- The Railway Infrastructure Administration
According to the Articles has GCE two main decision-making bodies - The Board of members and The Managing board:
The Board of members:
- Ing. Jan Klas - director general of ANS
- Pavel Krtek, M.Sc. - director general of Czech Railways
- Ing. Jan Kroupa - director general of RMD
- Ing. Pavel Surý - director general of RIA
The Managing board of the GCE:Ing. Roman Náhončík, Ing. Antonín Blažek, Ing. Mgr. Radek Čech, Ing. Petr Mahdal, Mgr. Pavel Dobeš (the director of the GNSS Centre).
- Prague Airport, JSC.
- Techniserv, Ltd.
- WheelTug, PLC.
- Transport Research Institute, JSC.
- ELTODO, JSC.
- CGI IT Czech Republic, Ltd.
- UniControls, JSC.
- Czech Technical University in Prague
- University of Žilina
- Research Institute of Geodesy, Topography and Cartography, Scientific research institutions
- DEVELICT Solutions Ltd.
- University of Pardubice
- ŠKODA AUTO University